Thursday, June 17, 2010

My First You Tube Video



I made this in iMovie. When I was first playing around with the program and the built-in camera on my Mac, I was not having any problems with sound. However, when I went to actually produce it, I could not get any sound. My husband and I both kept trying to figure out what was wrong and were in every preference and microphone section of both the program and the computer. We tried the" help" sections of both and the Internet for answers. After awhile, I was just moving my mouse around on the screen clicking everything I saw. Suddenly, I clicked a little box I had not noticed before in the middle, right portion of the screen. Putting my mouse on it did not give me a tag to tell me what the box did. I said out loud, "I wonder what that is?" When I did, lights next to it flickered to the right. Holy smokes! I had somehow clicked that box at some point and turned the sound off! After that, the sound worked without any problems. And, by the way, none of the "help" materials on the computer or online said anything about that box! Sometimes it pays to just play around.

Hope you enjoy the video!

1 comment:

  1. I did enjoy your reading! And I like the notes you have included with the movie and the screencast of your presentation. They help! Thanks.

    Readers: Experiment. That's how we learn.

    ReplyDelete