Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Comments4Kids 3

Puzzle piece with the word recognition in the middle


I was assigned a post written by Mr. McClung about an award ceremony he held for his students. He gave awards for various non-academic behaviors because he wanted to make sure his students who were not overachievers got some recognition. I agree with him that all students need some appreciation for the unique things they bring to the learning environment and they will probably always remember it. He included pictures of them with their awards and they seem so happy. I used to do something similar with my classes and for some it was the first time they had ever received any type of recognition. I think this is an important piece of the puzzle when trying to motivate students and get them to love learning. You can check out his post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment